Hurt and sore are confusing. They are both used to express pain. Hurt is usually used as a verb. Sore is used as an adjective.
Sore is also used to express sensitive pain, especially when you move or touch it. For example a sore throat hurts a little, but hurts a lot when you cough.
- I hurt my …. (body part)
- I hurt my arm = I injured my arm
- I fell down the stairs and hurt my arm
- He hurt his arm while playing tennis
- I hurt my finger yesterday.
- My …. (body part) hurts
- My head hurts = I have a headache
- I hurt my arm yesterday. My arm hurts today.
- Her finger hurts.
- His legs hurts.
- I have a sore …. (body part)
- I have a sore throat
- She has sore shoulders
- People who stand all day usually have sore feet.