During Golden Week I ate out (ate at a restaurant) a lot. I got to eat yakitori for the first time in 6 months (I last ate yakitori 6 months ago). At the restaurant I ordered a glass of grapefruit chu-hi the size of my head. I had trouble lifting the big glass. I guess I need to hit (go to) the gym…
On the other days I had exotic (not from your area) food. Firstly, I went to a Thai fusion (country A food + country B food…) restaurant in Chayamachi. It had a dark atmosphere. It felt like I was in a Indiana Jones movie. The food was not bad, but unique. I had corriander (a popular herb) corn dogs (american dogs).
After that, I went to a Mexican / Tex Mex (American Mexican) restaurant, also in Chayamachi. They had a high selection (choice) of mojito and tequila cocktails. I had a quesadilla (like a Mexican pizza sandwich) filled with cheese and chicken. I had guacamole (avocado + spice dip) with nacho chips. Everything was super delicious, but a little expensive.
On another day, I went to an Southern Indian restaurant in Miyakojima. I went there, because I am always looking for shops that serve dosa (like an Indian crepe). Dosa can be very delicious or terrible. The shop’s dosa is good. It was soft in the middle and crispy on the edges. It was a little sour and salty. It came with a spicy potato curry, it was lovely. I have tried 4 different shops and it is the only one I like in Kansai.
I think it’s great to live in Japan and be able to eat many different types of food. I haven’t eaten much Japanese food, because there are so many types of food to choose from. You should try more exotic food at different restaurant, you might be surprised!!! It might also give you new cooking ideas!!!
- coriander: (n) a herb also known as cilantro in some countries. Thai food often has corriander.
- a corn dog: (n) deep fried sausage in bread. Convenience stores sell corn dogs.
- dosa: (n) a salty Indian crepe. Dosa is from Southern India.
- eat out: (vp) = eat at a restaraunt. Many people eat out in Tenma.
- exotic: (adj) not from your home area. The Ferrari La Ferrari is an exotic supercar.
- fusion: (n) a mix of different styles of food. The California roll is Japanese fusion food.
- guacamole: (n) a dip made from avocado and spices. Guacamole is green.
- hit: (v) slang for go to. I want to buy new shoes, let’s hit the shopping mall!
- quesadilla: (n) a Tex Mex dish. Cheese in a grilled tortilla.
- Tex Mex: (n) Southern U.S.A. + Mexican food. Nachos are tex mex.