How well do you know the history of milk in Japan? Take this short quiz to test your Japanese milk knowledge.
1) Milk first appeared in Japan in .....
- The Edo Era
- The Meiji Era
- The Asuka Era
- The Showa Era
2) Milk became a part of school lunches in .....
3) Premium dairy products in ancient times were called .....
4) More Japanese people started to drink milk because .....
- Celebrities drank it
- It was cheap
- There was a tea shortage
- Injured soldiers drank it
5) In the distant past, Japanese people didn't drink milk or eat meat because .....
- It was difficult to raise cattle on an island
- It was banned by Buddhist edict
- They didn't like the taste
- It was unaffordable
6) The oldest dairy company in Japan is....
- Snow Brand
7) The most popular cheese in Japan is .....
- Cream cheese
8) Milk and meat became popular in Japan because .....
- Of a trend
- The emperor drank/ate it
- People wanted stronger bones and healthier teeth
- Of ice cream
After you finish this quiz, you can check with me to see how well you did!