Sometimes it`s difficult to form a question and ask it in English. You need the correct question word and you also need to change the sentence a little bit too. I have noticed that a lot of students have trouble with this so I thought I would give you some examples of questions. I hope this helps.
- What languages do you speak? I speak Japanese and English
- What time do you get up in the morning? I get up at 7:30 in the morning
- What do you have in your apartment?/What have you got in your apartment? (these are the same question) I`ve got a bedroom, bathroom, kitchen and a living room.
- What are you going to do this weekend? I`m going to go out with friends.
- What is your favourite book? My favourite book is Harry Potter.
- What days do you work? I work on Mondays and Tuesdays
- Who is that? That`s my friend.
- Who do you work with? I work with Tim and Angela
- Who is going to come to the party? My friends are going to come to the party.
- Who did you visit? I visited my family
- When will the train arrive? The train will arrive at 10 o`clock.
- When are you free? I finish work at 6 o`clock
- When will the package arrive? The package will arrive in two weeks.
- Where did you learn English? I learned English at school
- Where did you go yesterday? I went to Umeda yesterday.
- Where did you buy that bag? I bought this bag in Namba.
- Where do you want to go? I want to go to the cinema.
- Where do you live? I live in Senrioka
- Why did you arrive late? I missed my bus
- Why do you want to learn English? I want to learn English because I want to travel.
- Why did you become a teacher? I became a teacher because I like to help people.
- Why are you going to the supermarket? I`m going to the supermarket because we don`t have any milk.
- Why can`t you come to the party? I can`t come because I`m sick.
Which (used when there is a choice):
- Which film do you want to see? (I could also say "What film do you want to see?") I want to see ....
- Which university did you choose? I chose Ritsumeikan university.
- Which book do you prefer: Lord of the Rings or To Kill a Mockingbird? I prefer the Lord of the Rings.
- Which team won the match? (I could also say "Who won the match?") Manchester United won.
- How did you learn English? I learned English by watching movies and reading books.
- How was your day? My day was ok, not very exciting.
- How do you get to work? I take the bus.
- How much rice did you buy? I bought 2 kilos of rice.
- How much does that cost? That costs 300 yen
- How much time does it take to get to Umeda? It takes about 15 minutes by train.
- How many apples would you like? I would like 3 apples
- How many kilometres away is Ibaraki from here? I don`t know, maybe 2 kilometres
- How may pets do you have? I have just one pet, a dog.
- How many times have you been to Europe? I have only been once to Europe.
How + adjective:
- How tall are you? I`m nearly two metres tall.
- How far away is Kyoto from here? It`s not very far, just take the train. It takes maybe 30 minutes.
- How big is Osaka? It`s very big. It`s much bigger than my home town.
I hope this helps!